Enjoying Christmas lunch and gathering everyone around a table is magical peak of the big day. After decorating your house and tree for Christmas day, you’ll want to wow your family and guests not only with deliciously prepared food but with your stylish and festive dining table setting.
To set up a perfect table for this holiday, recommendation is to decorate everything the night before. Because you will be busy with preparing the food before lunch that you will probably won’t have time for it.
First you should pick a theme or color scheme for your table. There are so many options to choose from, but the most common are traditional red, gold and silver, black and white, red and green…Perhaps you will go for modern, handcrafted or rustic, minimalist, glam, shabby chic, eco and so on…
It all begins with a table cloth or a runner that you chose. Once you’re happy with your base, adding placemats and coasters will really start to bring your table to life. For a really chic and simple look use understated silver and white crockery, then add napkins. Handwritten place cards are another simple addition that bring a personal touch and make guests feel special.
A decoration at the center of the table creates a feeling of height which can really bring your table setting to life. Make a statement with a striking candelabra or lantern, lights always bring warm glow which adds to the festive feel. A strand of lights or a handful of baubles can look very effective when they’re just placed inside a large glass bowl or bell jar. Or if you want to get creative gather some ivy and holly and make an arrangement in a shallow dish.
At the end complete your look with smaller items – from garlands and pinecones to shiny baubles or hand-blown ornaments and cute little reindeer figurines – that will make your Christmas table unique.
We scoured the Pinterest for best Christmas table setting ideas and this is what we found. So go ahead, look at the pictures below and get inspired for this coming Christmas celebration.
Buy similar decor here:
- Plate is sectioned to keep food separate
- Disney characters make it a kid favorite
- Break resistant and lightweight
- Conveniently keep appetizers, fruits & veggies, dips, dressings cool and protected from bugs with this ice-cooled serving bowl set; foods stay cold...
- Made from non-toxic acrylic, BPA free, shatterproof and designed for regular use; rugged enough to transport easily without breaking
- Versatile design provides 4 separate appetizer serving sections; remove the bowl divider and it's a perfect serving bowl for salads, cold noodle...
- Set of Milk and Juice fluid disappearing bottle for baby dolls.
- Juice and Milk magically disappear from bottle as the doll drinks them.
- Pretend play set helps enhance child's imaginative skills.